martedì 16 dicembre 2008

A Few Poetry Exercises - 16/12/08

I.

dare – genuine – accommodate – counterparts – angle – transferred

The way a machine accommodates even the

most displeasingly grinding counterparts,

Da’re restlessly transferred her weight from angle

to angle, eyes ogling over every rib and bone

of a woman, that now you might well say is

no more.

Less is genuine, she must have thought.

Less is always good.

II.

Body Part Exercise – Hair

The nest of all filth that is

mankind is your hair, my love.

Your rigoring libido oils off

every tip as drops of teary,

aphonous vinegar

that want to hurt me at every step.

The guilty pleasure of my earthly

days is you hair: my love.

When you’re too rapt to notice I

pluck, just one at a time,

let it slither in your glass of water

for the night.

III.

Circular Poem

A love that never ends.

Fork in one eye,

spoon jutting among ribs,

criss-cross hatch all over

your skin.

A love that never ends.

IV.

False Memory Exercise – reincarnation

A few minutes later, it was into flesh

that I was copied. In the damp recesses of

some netherworld, a whirlpool of the

matter I was to become steadily spun,

steadily dripped in the freshly-baked mold.

A few minutes ago, I was nothing: it took

a blink of an eye, to make me nothing again.

V.

Home Exercise – Holy Mary icon

Hail Mary. It is only proper of

you to have such a simple name.

No matter the excruciatingly tirading

toil one might be under, it is easy,

and good, to remember those few

letters.

You have seen your share of ghosts,

more than I have seen, from above the

arch: I feel safer at night, knowing that

you intercede, in my name, to them.

Nessun commento: