sabato 6 dicembre 2008

Short Life


Post stretches of strange desert fire I

chose to leave the short life as conch

shell in a miasmatic twilight, up to

the moment I will know why I made

myself go this far without noticing.

Wind blows from two simultaneous

directions, I cannot tell which one

scorches the most. I envy and miss You,

who sleeps half in a tomb decay does

not dare, half in the shivering heart of

a quasar.

Sagebrush scratches the lacquer at my

calf as I bury the conch shell- which is

just a shut, stone-dry deaf mussel but no

one will notice- in the chilly, uncouth bed

which currents wrestle by way of laughter.

In the double iris grasping the water

gloom I was giving it short life, rash that

scratches into seasons which are no more;

Come rust my joints will ache and

we will be incommensurably distant.

Nessun commento: