giovedì 20 novembre 2008

FreedomNote 01

Green and asphalt grey are

the hues of summer,

A dent in a hose and a

grain of sand in the eye.

I still cannot understand how my

friend could walk barefoot on

concrete in mid July;

Used to tell me there are lizards

who do just that, somewhere in Africa.

That must explain it.

Now, I’m pretty sure it’s summer enough

for everyone to feel it under their skin, show-

casing the many manners for banishing cold

and welcoming a degree of restlessness. But,

since when did the yield turn green as well?

Such changes are worth noting:

I take my Stabilo out of the

front pocket and rummage for

the green book (a Christmas gift I

forgot in a drawer ‘till June).

It’s my world’s medication time.

I’ve always been a good child.

I don’t drink and drive but

I have my own, peculiar pastime;

Sporadically, I think and write.

Nessun commento: