domenica 23 novembre 2008

Through Dry Land

A few buildings by the Adriatic are

collections of chipped white walls, tiny

reptiles scuttle through sand and brush;

A seabed of pine needles distances my

temporary dwelling from towing waves,

somewhere out there.

We might rent a bike and ride along the

drizzly seashore boulevards, lounging for

lunchtime. You could wrap around my

waist and I wouldn’t know if to be

content, sentimental or what

You, incessant, bore me at times but

it is a sight, the fork clashing against

your teeth, firm, acute sour unlike the

eyes, grey that is melt eyeliner

- No, nothing in particular, why?-

What I like about you is how

you are rosemary, parched and sere

on the extreme fringes of a dust trail; you

overlook the lack of nourishment,

you are always your small, regretful self.

Nessun commento: