giovedì 20 novembre 2008

FreedomNote 02

June has come and gone and I

left my little green booklet home, safe.

Green is gracile, fast to wither and

would be terrified by the white

and blue abundant in August seasides.

It is supposed to be a chain of thought,

this one, but there is breeze over

my head and the salt is so fine I might just

sit here and let the chocolate run down

my elbow, straight to the pavement.

I only get it to sweeten

the lemon, anyway.

It glimmers in my hand like eco-

friendly mother of pearl, it’s only

an idea, I know, but it took

more than five minutes to get

it out of my head and, nowadays,

I’d say that’s quite a labor of love.

When you get a chance, try

sleeping under a parasol by the

seaside and then, open your eyes

slowly; It’s lapis lazuli blue,

It’s fresh and unadulterated

visual pleasure.

Nessun commento: